Dennerle Scaper's Soil 4 Liter DE-SS4 Active Substrate for Planted Aquariums ADA
§ Nutrient substrate for robust plant growth
§ With all vital minerals and trace elements
§ With fertile volcanic soil
§ Provides bio-filtering for healthy, clear water
§ Actively produces soft, slightly acidic water (approx. pH 6-6.5, KH 0-2 °d)
§ Twice-baked – lasting water stability
§ Ideal in combination with CO2 fertilization
§ With valuable humic and fulvic acids
§ Perfect for plants, fish and shrimps that require soft, slightly acidic water
§ Appropriate for bottom filters (shrimp breeding)
§ Special nutrient formula – does not encourage algae
Scaper’s Soil is an active growing substrate specifically developed for aquaria. It consists of up to 100% natural raw substances. Made from a variety of carefully chosen, natural soils, it supplies all the essential minerals and trace elements that aquarium plants require each day. The irregularly shaped grains with a diameter of 1 to 4 mm give the substrate a natural-looking effect. Its loose structure allows optimum flow through the substrate and plant roots can grow into it well. Scaper’s Soil provides the perfect basis for healthy, strong plant growth and vibrant colors. Mosses also benefit from this in the form of compact growth and vibrant green leaves. The deep black color gives a more intense, vivid contrast with the bright green of the plants.
Scaper’s Soil effectively inhibits algae growth for three reasons:
1. The special nutrient formula means that the minerals primarily benefit the plants rather than the algae.
2. The nutrient buffer function: as in a battery, surplus nutrients are taken from the water and only released to the plants when needed.
3. The strong promotion of plant growth – just as healthy, plentiful grass is the best defense against weeds in your lawn, well-growing aquatic plants are the strongest opponents of algae in your aquarium.
Scaper’s Soil has active ion exchange properties. As a result, it reduces the pH value and stabilizes it at a slightly acidic level (approx. 6.0-6.5). At the same time, it reduces the carbonate hardness – down to close to 0°d KH depending on the water source – and thus makes the water significantly softer. It also provides a natural source of humic and fulvic acids, without discoloring the water. This means Scaper’s Soil creates water values that many tropical aquarium plants and fish are familiar with from their natural habitat. Soft, mildly acidic water is, for example, ideal for most South American ornamental fish such as neon tetra, scalars and discus.
Despite the soft water, Scaper’s Soil is also safe to use in combination with CO2 fertilization, as the pH value is stabilized by the soil. Scaper’s Soil ensures clean water and healthy living conditions. The porous surface provides the ideal substrate for the colonization of key cleansing bacteria. This means the whole substrate becomes a huge biofilter. At the same time the soil absorbs many harmful substances directly from the water. The granulate is twice-baked and therefore also has enduring water stability.
ALSO FOR SHRIMP
Its pH and KH reducing qualities and its excellent filter capacity make Scaper’s Soil the optimum substrate for the husbandry and breeding of shrimp species that require slightly acidic water, such as Crystal Red and Red Bee.
Thanks to the lasting stability of the grains, it is particularly well suited to use together with bottom filters, a good combination for shrimp breeding. This means the water is adjusted to optimal values even more quickly, and the filter capacity is increased. Thanks to the loose yet stable structure, the substrate is provided with the greatest supply of oxygen so that no decomposing matter can build up. Its very porous surface forms an excellent settlement substrate for important microorganisms that young shrimp in particular need for their development.
WORLDWIDE SHIPPING UNLESS SPECIFIED
• Shipping within the 48 Contiguous States applies for the USA ship quote listed in the listing
• International Customers: The cost of the item will be put on the package per Customs instructions (shipping cost will not be included). As Customs has requested we cannot ship any items as gifts.
• Items will be shipped by carrier of our choice generally on the same or next business day of receiving full payment. We ship Monday-Friday and are closed on weekends. If your order comes in over the weekend or late Friday after our pickup, the earliest it will ship is Monday (which would be less than one business day). The latest it will ship would be Tuesday (one full business day).
• Tracking/Delivery Confirmation Number will be provided via email. Be sure to look at your 'About Me' page and you should also see an updated tracking number there as well.
• This Item is BRAND NEW
If item arrives damaged you must contact us within 24 hours via email, with a picture of the damaged item.
Save all packing material and original boxes.
For returns due to not liking the color, quality, shape etc. the customer pays all shipping fees. If this item was shipped free of charge the customer is responsible for whatever original shipping and handling cost that was incurred. Customer is also responsible for shipping and insurance for all return items.
Also, for all returns, there is a 20% restocking fee based on the sale price of the item.
If free item was given with the product, the customer must return the free item in non-used original condition